Issues that this cumulative update fixes
- The Cumulative Update 12 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2013 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to Cumulative Update 12.
- It is not necessary to install any Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Updates or Service Packs released prior to Cumulative Update 12 before you install Cumulative Update 12.
Again I’m going to write about why and what are most important reasons to upgrade. In my opinion the issues either are high visible to end-user or related to end-user productivity or impacting on the production.
- KB 3138644 Messages are stuck in the Submission queue until NDRs are returned or the server is restarted
- KB 3137585 OAuth authentication fails in a proxy scenario between Exchange Server 2013 hybrid on-premises and Office 365 – Only if you are into a Hybrid Configuration Mode.
- KB 3137383 CafeLocalProbe fails if the Health Mailbox UPN doesn’t match its Active Directory domain name
- KB 3136694 Calendar items are not synced correctly when you use Exchange ActiveSync on a mobile device
- KB 3135269 Event ID 4999 with MSExchangerepl.exe and MSExchangeDagMgmt.exe crash in Exchange Server 2013 environment – In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 environment, when you restart a database availability group (DAG) node that contains active database copies, the healthy copies on other DAG nodes are not enabled. Meanwhile, event ID 4999 for MSExchangeRepl.exe and MSExchangeDagMgmt.exe are recorded in the Application log multiple times until the restarted node has completely restarted. While this is occurring, Windows clients may be disconnected.
- KB 3134918 An IRM-protected message sent to an external contact isn’t returned in a search or discovery results when journaling is implemented in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 3134894 The “Search-Mailbox” cmdlet together with the “Attachment” property keyword lists all items that contain the query string of “attachment”
- KB 3134894 The “Search-Mailbox” cmdlet together with the “Attachment” property keyword lists all items that contain the query string of “attachment” – Consider the following scenario:In this scenario, HttpProxy routes to an earlier version client access server, and then that client access server is overloaded.You deploy Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 in a coexistence environment. Exchange 2013 HttpProxy tries to locate an earlier version client access server (CAS), such as an Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 CAS.The load from Exchange 2013 HttpProxy to Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 CAS server isn’t distributed equally. The pre-Exchange 2013 load is concentrated on a few servers, and other servers have almost no load.
- KB 3124242 Mailbox quota is not validated during migration to Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3124064 Event ID 1009 is logged and no Health Manager alerts on failed content indexes during migration in Exchange Server 2013
So if you are still on Exchange 2013 Cu11, this is the time to upgrade it to Cu12 and it’s been already released since last month as of March 15, 2016. Next update will be sometime in June. So there are still some very good reasons to upgrade to Exchange 2013 CU12.
You can download the Exchange 2013 CU12 from here